What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use “cookies”?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include LiteGear Inc.. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the “My Account” section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the “My Account” section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
LiteGear Privacy Statement
Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Statement covers how we collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store your information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
• You may be asked to provide your personal information anytime you are in contact with LiteGear.
• We may share and use this information consistent with this Privacy Statement.
• We may also combine it with other information to provide and improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
• You are not required to provide the personal information that we have requested, but, if you chose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to any queries you may have.
What personal information we collect:
When you purchase a product, download a software or an update, register for company or product newsletter, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address.
How we use your personal information:
The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on LiteGear latest product announcements and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention purposes.
• We may use your personal information to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services.
• From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with LiteGear, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
• We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve LiteGear products, services, and customer communications.
• If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-personal Information
• We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
• We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where a LiteGear product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
• We may collect information regarding customer activities on our websites and from our other products and services. This information is aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of our website, products, and services are of most interest. Aggregated data is considered non‑personal information for the purposes of this Privacy Statement.
• If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
LiteGear websites, online services, interactive applications, email messages, and advertisements may use “cookies”. This technology helps us better understand user behavior, tell us which parts of our websites people have visited, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches. We treat information collected by cookies as non‑personal information. However, to the extent that Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information by local law, we also treat these identifiers as personal information. Similarly, to the extent that non-personal information is combined with personal information, we treat the combined information as personal information for the purposes of this Privacy Statement.
• If you want to disable cookies and you’re using the Safari web browser, go to Safari preferences and then to the privacy pane to manage your preferences. For other browsers, check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the LiteGear website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
• As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
• We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. LiteGear may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
• In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the LiteGear website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times LiteGear may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with LiteGear to provide products and services, or that help LiteGear market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by LiteGear to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
LiteGear shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information.
Paypal is used for online order processing.
Stripe is used for online order processing.
Authorize.net is used for online order processing.
Google Analytics is used to analyze website visitors behavior and activity.
Vimeo is used for video content playback.
It may be necessary — by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence — for LiteGear to disclose your personal information.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
LiteGear takes the security of your personal information very seriously. LiteGear online services such as the LiteGear website store and embedded into software store protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by LiteGear, we use computer systems with limited access and encrypted storage.
When you use some LiteGear products, services, or applications or post on a LiteGear forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
LiteGear will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Access to Personal Information
Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made via email at: email@example.com
If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Parents can contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Third-party Sites and Services
LiteGear websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties.
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to LiteGear employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
If you have any questions or concerns about LiteGear Privacy Statement or data processing or if you would like to make a complaint about a possible breach of local privacy laws, please contact us at: email@example.com
LiteGear may update its Privacy Statement from time to time. When we change the policy in a material way, a notice will be posted on our website along with the updated Privacy Statement.